The lovely pink one got a chip in the lid after the third gentle tap with a wooden spoon. It flew off from the opposite side of where I was tapping. Bummer! But a chip is a chip, and it sold later in the day at half price as a second on Etsy.
The second mishap happened in much the same way, but after more than a dozen gentle and contained taps with the spoon. That was my personal favourite. I like how the double glaze gives an antique-like varnish. And I think I got the proportions right, on this thin translucent pot. What a pity to trash it like that!
The trouble arises largely from the fact that these new pots have inset lids, which increases the risk of them getting stuck. The lids are made to fit tightly so part of the reason is the tension when the pots expand and shrink during the firing process, and part of the reason is the risk of glaze getting stuck in the gallery where the lid sits.
The solution is simple: a thicker layer of aluminum oxide, or possibly wadding (though that's not a technique I currently use). I have made a mental note of that - learned a lesson.
Makes me want to listen to one of my favourite albums
My other pots fared better. The unglazed ones are technically pleasing, but of course have less visual interest. I do like the grey ones, I call them "Mr and Mrs".
The brown grog pot fired well too, at the maximum for its temperature range.
It has a regular handle cousin as well.
I will fire one more load in June and after that most of these pots will slowly be listed on Etsy.